Monday, January 24, 2011

The Grinch Makes a Fleece Blanket...

Allyn drew his sister Rebek's name for Christmas....




There were several things on her list. Only one that Allyn knew he could do...


The one specific gift request was a "pink and zebra print" fleece blanket. Clark just thought the whole process was pretty spectacular....and Rebek was pretty excited about the end product

.

Watching the Grinch and the 'lil Grinch work on Rebek's gift, was GOOD for my heart. My one year old child was clueless about what was going on. Yet, it excited me to think of Clark someday learning the simple beauty of giving and receiving. This year the Musgrave Family letter stood out to me on the topic of gifts. I loved what Yoli wrote about how they are desire to be intentional and train their children about gifts at Christmas... "It is our tradition to start opening gifts a few days before Christmas day. This for us symbolizes God's goodness. He gives us gifts everyday that we need to unfold them and appreciate them everyday." I love how Yoli goes on to describe daily gifts that we often forget. I love that they are being intentional about not making Christmas day a gift finale. I love how they are wanting to teach their children to appreciate what they are given. Their letter and example of parenting was also good for my heart.

Happy New Year!

No comments: