Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello May



This week has been full of wonderful people and lots of fun, random moments. 

Keeping up with my lil man:

1) I walk into the room to find Clark loudly talking about "tilling a FI".  Of course he does it sport'n his boxers. Sheesh.

2) We spent a lot of time outside since daddy and Jon were building a new deck.  Clark was pretty upset about the old stairs being taken away so daddy screwed them onto the fence. Random – yep. He loved it.

3) And just when you thought life couldn't get any better - Clark got to go to Grandma B's house and catch 14 fish! 
 Uncle Jake and Clark

While sitting outside in the sand box or on the trampoline chilling with my littles....i whittled away at these babies. Gift for my friend having a boy - handcrafted thank you cards for a busy mama. Though interrupted a zillion times times i have realized my crafty side doesn't have to die just because i am a mama. It just looks different.

As for me, life is full. Without depression I am loving it. I told a friend again last week, depression and exhaustion are hauntingly similar. Update: I thought a couple weeks ago I was slipping back into depression but after a doctor visit and refocusing on nutrition and think we are clear. I pulled out of the fog. Thankful.

I worked for the pregnancy center again this week. My mother-in-law took care of my kids. {insert applause here}.  I found the stack of evaluations today along with the still-needed-to-be-unpacked diaper bag that smelled of sour milk. Nasty. Yesssss....i forgot and left the diaper bag in the car all week! sigh. But you know sentences like....”I was raped when i was 7 & and now I know it wasn’t my fault” sadly is not that uncommon. These type of evaluations are one of the reasons I tossed the nasty soured bottle in the trash without a second thought.  The wounds are deep.

On a lighter note: We loved getting to spend time with Rachel and Titus. My Sister-in-law and I prepped crockpot meals in gallon freezer bags and froze them for next week as she plans on trying to settle in her new house. Will post links to the recipes in a couple weeks once Rachel tries them...I'm a fan. 
-          Crockpot Garlic pesto Chicken with Pasta tomato Cream Sauce
-          Easy Crockpot Mongolian beef
-          Crockpot Applesauce BBQ chicken
-          Cilantro Lime Chicken
-          Crockpot beef tips and Gravy 

Sam and Nicole also came. I love our friends. I tried to not work on anything but it didn’t work. N and I tackled the bathroom shelf Allyn had put up for me. Guest supplies easy to grab - check.

                                              :: before and after ::


Oh, and Allyn spent 2 days in Chicago. Yes those are A10 warthog fighter jets at the manhattan airport.


This is the room I am continuing to work on (pic from last week). Asking the Father to give me the strength to keep going at it and not get discouraged. We made a lot of progress this week but don't have a picture of that yet. 



 ...and it's mother's day (note it is 12:15 a.m). This pic was the only one of me and both my kids this week. Not the greatest but man, I love my kiddos. 

Mother's Day -  Yesterday while running errands it hit me again how painful this holiday can be for so many. Death, infertility, illness, abandonment, separation... Father be near as we honor our mothers and yet stop long enough to see the harsh reality many face, especially on a day like today.
That's all. Night folks!





2 comments:

The Adventurous Farm Wife said...

Hey Em,
The thank yous that you did up, did you do those on the computer or are they stamps? They look awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hey friend, just clipart. Thanks. Em