Tuesday, May 21, 2013

week in pictures




Monday
 we got the call that one of my best friends was 
headed to the hospital to deliver her baby girl....
we got to spend time with the soon-to-be big brother!

 What 2 and 3 year olds do for fun. 

Tuesday - Fix it day
fixed my make-up board. Re-hung. love. 
Spent 25 minutes and organized my bathroom drawer 
big change

                it went from this  --------------------------> to this!


magnetic strip in drawer for bobby pins. Yippee!
 
 Tip: tried magnetic strip before...
 but it worked this time thanks to Hot GLUE.

 
I hire M to come play with Clark
2 hrs of all-boy-play


Spent the evening fishing with Cousin Marcus! 
Caught 7 fish the size of your thumb....
From the eyes of a 3 year old - PERFECT way to end a good day. 

Wednesday: 
...Continued working on kid closets, a true challenge for this quick start mama.
 

Thursday

Good morning life.

My house had been like this for a few days....
....i was tired and had a happy yet high energy boy on my hands.

{insert deer in headlight look}

....I prayed and i felt like God reminded me to call my girlfriend Heidi who has an 8 year old boy, saying "I need help"!

I knew that if I didn't get help, i would soon cross the line of being a consistent voice in clark's life to somehow communicating to his 'lil heart that it is "not ok" to be a 3 year old high energy boy.

To the rescue!
Sigh!  8 year old helping 3 year old out of tree

His friend S. helped Clark with worm dig'n, tree climb'n, ant killing and most importantly helped him turn over every stone in the yard for rolly polly catch'n.

Two hours later, S. seemed thrilled with the donation to his toy fund. As we waved goodbye to his 8 year old friend, I found myself trying to memorize the cute features of my 'lil bright eyed jabbering, snotty nosed, dirty fingernailed, scrapped-up-knee 3 year old. I love my 'lil man.

Thankful for the Body of Christ and life in a caring community.


Friday

Swimsuit time!


Other highlights: Aunt Kristen, Amy, Lyndsey stayed with us for several nights.

We had a houseful of people here at random times over Sat and Sun to get some good time with the Mathews who were visiting from Co. Loved catching up with old friends. 

 We got to meet Emma Grace!

 Such a cute lil beauty.
Meeting her was a great way to end the week!
Thankful for life.

2 comments:

Anna Curran said...

Wow, you've been really BUSY!!! Nice how the bobby pins stick to the magnetic strip! I'm also intrigued with your facial products stuck on the picture frame - is that also magnetic as well? Impressive closet organization too!

Amy said...

Fun to read your blog again!! And way to go on the closets... they look great! So glad we got to spend a little time with the Weddles last weekend! :)