Friday, March 25, 2011

Benefits of purging your house

Yesterday, while purging the house I ran across some basic white picture frames, two 75 cent shelves and the letter C that I'd purchased months ago ....Classic Emily problem. Inspired. Uninspired.  Inspired. Uninspired....you get the point. My inspiration comes and goes with the degree of courage I feel on any random day.

Simply put, yesterday when I saw the supplies sitting there and looked at Clark's blank wall - I felt inspired again.




My inspiration continued with a few pieces of paper + couple nail holes + 97 cents of orange paint from Hobby Lobby + a half a yard of fabric...



The end result...

"ACT JUSTLY"   " LOVE MERCY"    "WALK HUMBLY WITH YOUR GOD"
Clark is now fascinated with the wall

...urhh ....should I say a small rectangle on the wall.


Oh, and one other thing



In my whole house purge I also found my sidewalk chalk. So, before my inspiration courage left, I put a frame around the art in Clark's room...



I'm digging this house purging stuff. I like feeling courageous and also like making a lil money.

So far, I've made $107 selling random things on Craigslist.

Add dumping an entire trunk load off at the salvation army means ...

...the end is in sight!

2 comments:

Hollie said...

Incredible!

Where did you find the alphabet canvas?

Our Chloe Elizabeth said...

That's a sweet wall!!! So cool!!! I hear you on the purging-we're discussing switching bedrooms sometime before the baby comes so they can have the bigger room, but the only way that will happen is with a lot of cleaning and purging!! Did you cover the lampshade as well? So cute!